Procedure For Knowing Income-tax refund status
- Required PAN Number.
- Required Assessment Year (A.Y) for which he wants to know Refund Status.
- ‘Assessment Year’ is not the same as ‘Financial Year’ ending on 31st March but it is next year to that Financial Year. For example – For the F.Y. 2014-15, A.Y. will be 2015-16.
- Assessee has to simply type the PAN No. and Assessment Year (A.Y) and then Click on ‘SUBMIT’ to know the ‘Status Of Refund’.
Conditions For IT Refund
- Assessee (Income-tax Payer) should have filed his Return Of Income of relevant Assessment Year (A.Y).
- Assessee should have claimed the refund in his Return Of Income so flied for the relevant Assessment Year (A.Y).
- Assessee should have paid Advancetax, TDS, TCS and Self Assessment Tax in excess of actual Self Assessed income-tax liability.
- Refund should not be older than for A.Y. 2005-06.
- Refund will be subject to processing of ITR by the ITD u/s 143(1) of the Income-tax Act,1961 and subject to further rectification.